Living Schools Lab
The Living Schools Lab project is a 2-year project (Oct 2012-Oct 2014) that aims to explore, share and disseminate good practice in whole school approaches to ICT in teaching and learning. The project will do this through a living "network" of schools.
Living Schools Lab (LSL) is a two-year project funded by the European Commission and coordinated by European Schoolnet. It includes 12 Ministries of Education, including our own Department of Education and Skills, and aims to create:
- A sustainable, growing network of primary and secondary schools, based around regional clusters, that showcase and share best practice and ways to successfully embed the use of technology in teaching and learning (T&L) across the whole school.
- A strong community of practice, with supporting continuous professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Opportunities for schools to get involved in action-based research, creating links with outside partners including industry and other pan-European projects.
- The project will also develop validation methodologies and a new turnkey validation service whereby schools in the network will be available to test and evaluate results of European Commission funded projects along with technologies, services and content provided by other stakeholders.
Seven Irish schools are taking part in Wave 1 of the project with more schools encouraged to join the network from November 2013. In year one, the Living Schools Lab network will comprise of two Irish Advanced Schools (one primary and one post-primary), forming regional clusters with Advanced Practitioner schools (two primary and three post-primary). Once these cluster or hubs are in place, they will form the foundation to build upon in year two.
If you or your school are interested in becoming involved in the Living Schools Lab, please contact us.
For more information about the project, watch the project presentation below.
The seven schools currently involved in the project are:
- Colaiste Bríde, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
- St Fintan's High School, Sutton, Dublin 13
- De la Salle College, Dundalk, Co. Louth
- Scoil na gCeithre Maistrí, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
- St Patrick's BNS, Tuam, Co. Galway
- St Corban's BNS, Naas, Co. Kildare